This years Wawne Festival takes place on Saturday 15th July 2017 - 1pm @ Wawne Primary School.
It is a Fun day out for all the family.
Jacob Birch - Chair
Martin Benge - Secretary
Michelle Lount - Treasurer
Email Us: email@example.com
To view the Agenda and Minutes click here
Wawne Festival and Show
Wawne Festival Walking Treasure Hunt –
Sunday 9th July – 1pm @ The Village Hall
· A new event for the Wawne Festival. The walking treasure hunt will be for all ages, residents and people from out of the village can join in.
· We will have you walking around the village answering questions, looking for the treasure. You will also have to identify places and objects by a picture of them - then name their location.
· Team numbers are a max of 5 people, but families with children are an exception.
· Start and Finish at the Village Hall, where refreshments and toilets will be available.
Wawne Festival Quiz Night – Tuesday 11th July – 7pm @ The Village Hall
· A fun night out for all the family, with questions suiting all ages and knowledges.
· With mini games between rounds for bonus points and prizes.
· Raffle on the door.
· All donations are welcome and will go towards the show.
Wawne Festival Show Day – Saturday 15th July – 1pm @ Wawne Primary School
· Entry fees
o Adults £1.50 (16+)
o Children 50p (2 – 15Yrs)
o Children under 2 go free
· Raffle Tickets can only be bought on the day
· Live Music and Entertainment, Licenced Bar, Petting Farm, Rides, Stalls, Classic Cars and Bikes, Vintage Engines plus much much more…
If you would like to be in touch here is how:
Telephone: 01482 825814
Post: 5 Oak Square, HU75XP
Facebook & Twitter: @WawneFestival
Many Thanks for your continued support.
Jacob Birch – Chairman
Facebook & Twitter
Facebook Link: www.facebook.com/WawneFestival
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/wawnefestival
Photos from previous shows can be viewed at the below links.
2016 Show - http://www.voyage-photography.co.uk/events-photography
Wawne Festival and Show
I am writing to ask for your support towards the 2017 Wawne Festival. We are looking for help with the setting up and taking down of the show, as well as any help you may be able to offer on the day itself. The show relies on volunteers to help that little bit to make things run smoothly.
We are also looking for contributions towards the Raffle and running of the show. So please if you have any items that would make a good raffle prize please donate them. If you don’t have anything for the raffle but would like to help with a monetary donation then that is always very welcome.
With the sad loss of our Vice Chair recently the committee is now very low in numbers and we are looking for new members with fresh ideas. It saddens me to say this but at the current rate I cannot see there being a show or committee in the next 5 years, as none of us are getting any younger and it is a massive job for us to do and becomes increasingly harder the fewer in numbers we get. As the show, which has been held for over 60 years, is enjoyed by many people from in and out of the village I ask you to come forward and help. It would be a great loss to the community if the show stopped.
If you think you can help in any of the ways I have asked then please contact me, or any member of the committee, we always welcome new ideas and members. Don’t forget you can stay in the loop by checking out the Facebook and Twitter pages as well as reading the Minutes from the Parish Council website. If you are not online but would like to get copies of minutes or be notified of the meetings then please get in touch.
Finally let me thank those members of the committee past and present for their support and also thank you to those volunteers who help with the show every year, without you it would be impossible. I look forward to being inundated with raffle prizes and volunteers in the near future and don’t forget that the next show is on Saturday 15th July@ 1pm.
Kind Regards – Jacob Birch - Chairman